CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: UPLB CFNR, MS NATURAL RESOURCES CONSERVATION
The University of the Philippines Los Baños, College of Forestry and Natural Resources (UPLB-CFNR) and the UPLB-CFNR Alumni Association (UPLB-CFNRAA), in partnership with the Philippine Tropical Forest Conservation Foundation (PTFCF), launches the FOREST CONSERVATION AND STEWARDSHIP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (FCSSP-II) for the MS in Natural Resources Conservation Major in Biodiversity Conservation (Off-Campus Mode).
MS NRC Off-Campus Mode:
The MS NRC program of UPLB is designed to produce graduates capable of innovating on and operationalizing the principles and concepts of natural resources conservation, natural resources informatics, conservation planning, and the different approaches to natural resources conservation.
The off-campus mode of the MS NRC program is being offered to provide flexibility to working students. The faculty-in-charge of the course will meet the students in the Biodiversity Management Bureau, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center, Diliman, Quezon City.
The program requires a minimum of 34 units. One 3-unit course will be taken per month, every Saturday and Sunday. For courses without laboratory, classes will be 6 hours per day for the whole duration. For classes with laboratory, 6 hours per day for three weeks will be allotted for lecture classes and 9 hours per day for 1 week for laboratory classes to be held in UPLB.
- Must be a newly-admitted graduate student (with regular status as of January 2017) to the MS Natural Resources Conservation (MS NRC, Off-Campus Mode) of the UPLB Graduate School;
- Must be working in the field of forestry and natural resources with at least two (2) years of work experience;
- Must be willing to conduct a master’s thesis relevant to biodiversity conservation or related topics to be identified by PTFCF and its partner institutions, and UPLB-CFNR;
- Must be willing to sign a scholarship contract and return service to home institution or work in the Philippines for at least two years; and
- Must not be more than 50 years old at the time of application.
1 ½ years (January 2017- May 2018)
- Tuition Fees, Miscellaneous Fees and Laboratory Fees for 3 semesters and 1 mid-year term
- Monthly Stipend (PhP 3,500.00)
- Thesis Support (PhP 25,000.00)
December 22, 2016
Notification of Acceptance:
2nd week, January, 2017
For further details, please contact the UPLB-CFNR Dean, Dr. Willie P. Abasolo (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the program coordinator, Dr. Analyn L. Codilan (email@example.com).